Sunday, October 14, 2007

A bit late, but...

...Congratulations to Al Gore in being one of the prestigious group honored by this year's Nobel Peace Prize. It lifts my heart that such a man as Mr. Gore was honored. Those that love peace, and work for it instead of war are in great need now...and in the future.

There are many who believe Al should throw his hat in the ring for the presidency again. I'm of two minds on this. Part of me yearns to see him in the Oval Office, cleaning out the sewage left by our current corrupt administration. On the other hand, he has a mission already: The Environment, and the global warming problems that, if not slowed down or stopped very soon, could easily mean the extinction of 2/3 of our human race...and major extinctions across the biosphere.

What a choice! The question is, can he do both? Could being president give him a platform where his effectiveness will increase, or is his present strategy the right way to get the most out of his time? I can't answer that question, and neither can all of those chanting "Run, Al, Run"!

All I know, is that I respect him--regardless of his choice. Whoever the next president is--hopefully a Democrat--should be sure to enlist his expertise in the Global Warming Fight, for he is uniquely qualified to help in that area.

So, Congratulations on your Award, Mr. Gore! I voted for you in 2000. If you run, I'll be there again, voting for the Best Man again. If not, I'll do what I can to ease my own carbon footprint.

Blessings,

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Q.

No comments: