Wednesday, March 14, 2007

My Cat, My Friend

I'm up late tonight. It's almost 5am. So far, my cat Selene has yet to complain that I'm not in bed. She usually is very quick to tell me I'm 'needed' in 'her' room for undivided attention, but tonight, she must not be feeling needy.

I sometimes wonder what my life would be like without the little fur-ball that sheds drifts of long, black, silky hair on everything, yet gives such unstinting love just because I feed her, clean out her jewel box (cat box for the non-were folk), and make sure she has treats and clean water. Is it that simple? Purrs=adequate attention and care?

When I lie in bed in the dark, and she nestles next to my curled body, I feel there is more to our relationship than mere cat - human slave. She seems to always know when I'm in pain, when sleep is hard coming and when her presence is a balm to my soul. We are connected...almost with a telepathic link...of empathy and caring. Why? Why did she come straight to me for comfort the first day in our Casa? Did she somehow know that I was lonely for a four-foot friend? Did she sense a resonance in me? Were we destined to be together?

All interesting questions. I am a witch. Is that all the answer that's necessary? When I meet her bright yellow-green eyes and she stares back at me purring, I understand. Goddess has gifted me with a sacred friend to help me through the rough patches. I sincerely pray she lives as long as she wants to, in good health.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

There she is. Selene Moonshadow. My furry friend.

Blessings,

Q.

No comments: